Company: Brokerage in Downtown Seattle
A lot of interaction with clients in a face to face aspect.
This is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing Employee Benefits brokerage as a Benefits Senior Account Manager. In this leadership role, you will be directly responsible for managing key accounts, working with other consultants as well as being the team lead for a dynamic group of people handling a significant book of business. If you are seeking a work culture that appreciates smart, committed, passionate individuals, then consider this positionit could be a perfect fit for you.
Below are just some of the functions of this position:
- Execute and drive the annual client life cycle; implement a multi-year strategy to ensure client budget and retention goals are met.
- Utilize motivational and mentoring skills to grow the team members and account management staff
- Set clear team expectations, delegate tasks and meet deadlines within the client services team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, carriers and staff
- Use consultative guidance on renewal and ongoing strategic plans
- Oversee the processes for renewal and new business proposals, meeting materials, and additional supporting documentation
- Manage quarterly meetings, mid-year financial analysis and stewardship reporting
- Maintain relevant knowledge of carrier/vendor products and underwriting appetites
- Create accurate, effective employee communication materials
- Design a variety of presentations to conduct open enrollment meetings, benefit fairs, renewal and prospecting meetings, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry legislative/compliance issues such as ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth background managing all lines of employee benefits coverage: alternate funding arrangements (e.g. self-funded, ASO, level-funded)
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong abstract reasoning and analytical capabilities
- Skillful time-manager
- At least 8 years of progressive experience in Employee Benefits with a brokerage
- College Degree preferred, but not required
- Licensed WA Life & Disability
- Travel required to branch offices in other states with occasional overnight stays
- Must have dependable transportation and valid drivers license
- Salary of $75,00 - $95,000 annually
- Company profitability bonus
- Paid parking if car is needed
- Car use reimbursed
- Full benefits
- Other perks to be discussed
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.