Knowing a job description is invaluable--but knowing yourself is more important. The company is well-managed, with good opportunities offered in advancement, education and overall career satisfaction.
Do you feel you would be interested in this position and have some of what the employer is seeking? I would love to talk with you about the position to go over the finer points of the position.
Below are all the duties and requirements for the Benefits Client Representative.
You will be responsible for managing a book of business consisting of mid-size fully insured and partially self-insured clients (51-500 employees) as part of a client team serving existing clients as well as prospective clients. If you are an enthusiastic team player with a strong aptitude to problem solve, attention to detail, ability to prioritize work in a fast paced environment under pressure, motivated, meet deadlines and be a strong communicator, than this position could be Ideal for you!
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide excellent client service as the primary day-to-day contact between clients, vendors and internal client teams.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to client issues. Work closely with members of the client service team. Build relationships with clients.
- Responsible for project management of the annual client work plan to ensure clients' needs are completed timely throughout the year.
- Manage client requests from inception to completion with limited direction.
- Prepare materials and attend all client meetings as an active member of the client service team.
- Develop action items from meetings and follow through to completion.
- Document meetings and client decisions.
- Identify client issues and trends as they surface and suggest solutions.
- Manage the renewal process from start to finish including receipt and delivery of renewal, review and delivery of marketing results and plan options, vendor negotiations, client recommendations, renewal confirmations, and preparation of carrier paperwork.
- Actively manage and oversee the implementation process for new benefits and carrier changes.
- Written communications such as open enrollment memos, renewal reports, custom employee communications, and benefit summaries.
- Conduct open enrollment meetings for clients, both onsite and via webinar, to educate employees on healthcare and whats changing.
- Prepare open enrollment presentations and communications to meet client needs.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with vendor partners and clients.
- Provide employee advocacy services to clients including personalized and confidential eligibility, billing and claim support.
- Review insurance documents, contracts and SPDs for accuracy. Provide peer review support to other team members work products.
- Assist clients to comply with various federal, state and insurance company requirements including ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s, etc. in conjunction with client service team.
- Actively participate in oral interviews with prospective clients.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as an Account Manager at a broker or consulting firm.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism to the marketplace, industry, prospective and current clients.
- Strong, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with alternative funding preferred but not required.
- Familiarity of Washington insurance markets and products preferred.
- Attend industry events and educational opportunities to keep knowledge fresh and up to date.
- Client presentation skills are required.
- Maintain current life and disability insurance license.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.