Responsible for management, direction and execution of all engineering responsibilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Top three priorities of the position:
2. Competency center expertise
- Organizational development
- Tool Design
- Tool Design
- Roll form
- Cut off
- Support SRF operational development
- Document Control
- Support Sales with Technical / estimates
- Support operations Cont. Improvement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 6 Months:
- Team development
- Capex needs definition (strategy, replace, PM) & balance
- Equipment PMs and reliability
- Support Greenfield Project
- 1 Year:
- Leadership to equipment strategy team
- Support Greenfield project
- Tool Design
- Support Quality / Maintenance Leadership
- 2 Year:
- Knowledge transfer from EU to USA
- Develop Tool Build & Maintenance program
- Develop competency Center of Excellence
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Top priorities of the role are organizational development, competency center expertise and to support operational development.
- Oversee key projects, processes, and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new production or improvement for existing ones.
- Works with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager to review and monitor process improvements and new product development and to develop acceptable product tolerances and process controls and to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for APQP process and ensuring that all specifications are developed and tested prior to production.
- Responsible for establishing design and process FMEA.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all engineering related information.
- Follow up with customers during and after production to identify and help in resolving application problems.
- Perform assigned quality system functions as specified in QMS procedures.
- Responsible for processes in the QMS and EMS. Has authority to develop and change these processes.
- Responsible for total Quality of products and services and authorized to stop work when a non-conformance is noted.
- Perform other responsibilities as determined by supervisor.
- Observe established EH&S regulations, procedures and practices.
- BSME (or other related 4 year degree) required
- At least 7 years of experience in automotive manufacturing, metal forming preferred
- At least 7 years of direct supervisory and managerial experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of CAD, 2D and 3D.
- Familiarity with 5S, Lean, Kaizen, or other continuous improvement processes
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office
BREAKDOWN OF TIME:
- Directly manages a Tool Room Supervisor, Tool and Die Engineering Manager, Process Engineering Manager and Engineer III (assigned to CapeX to install projects).
- **Depending on experience, this person may also have responsibility for Maintenance (electrical, mechanical and controls) and quality (Quality Manager would be a direct report).
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 30% - Process and CI
- 20% - Engineering (tool design and equipment)
- 15% - Leadership and Organization development
- 15% - Tool Room
- 10% - Strategy
- 10% - Knowledge Transfer and Integration
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.