Senior Distribution Planning Engineer
Location: Westwood MA, Manchester NH
Seeking experienced Power Systems Planning Engineer with extensive experience in planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Must have strong technical skills on the design and analysis of the bulk and non-bulk electric power systems, including long-range distribution design and planning. MUST HAVE electric utility system planning and analysis experience!
- Represent the company regarding matters in distribution planning at the state public utility commissions and various state and regional entities.
- Lead and conduct both scenario and probabilistic based planning studies, evaluate alternatives, both traditional and non-wires, and recommend appropriate solutions to ensure a reliable distribution system.
- Determine distribution system needs involving multiple feeder and substation upgrades while identifying opportunities for adoption of new technologies.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional groups in developing a long-range planning criterion for integrating and enabling two-way communication of new technologies, including photovoltaic solar (PV), electric vehicles (EV), and battery storage.
- Work with the DER planning team on wide area distribution impact of distributed generation and prepare distribution planning studies with varying penetration levels of DERs.
- Develop medium (2-5 years) and long (5-10 years) range plans, including optimal load relief, capacity, and asset related distribution designs, while enabling efficient integration of new technologies.
- Conduct and/or manage the studies required to support the need for facilities, the evaluation of alternatives and the preferred solution contained in chapters, reports, and testimony for distribution applications for proceedings before regulatory agencies.
- Prepare contingency studies for distribution networks including N-1 and N-2 analysis. Propose new distribution OH and UG feeders.
- Partner with other departments (Distribution Engineering, Asset Management, Standards, Transmission/Substation engineering, etc.) to prepare economic analysis for complex projects; recommends the allocation of costs for facilities used jointly with other utilities.
- Masters degree in Engineering or Science field required. (Ph.D. degree in engineering or related discipline preferred).
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years related experience in planning, design, and operations related to distribution line and distribution substation facilities, with a thorough knowledge of power system planning.
- Working knowledge of the use of complex computer simulation techniques used in distribution planning, including discrete and 8760-hours simulation.
- Advanced knowledge of new technologies including but not limited to photovoltaic solar, electric vehicles, and battery storage.
- Knowledge of the techniques for planning the expansion of distribution lines and distribution substation facilities.
- Advanced knowledge of distribution line design and operating practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including formal presentation.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to develop strategic partnerships.
- PE License preferred
====SALARY: DOE. Comprehensive benefits package and relocation assistance. swbkr79-12520
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.