Sr. Transmission Planning Engineer
Location: Hartford CT, Manchester NH
Seeking Senior Transmission Planning Engineer to join an expanding Systems Planning team that is envisioning the future, modernizing the electric power grid as it continually integrates new energy sources! You will provide subject matter expertise and oversight of complex transmission systems, covering transmission and sub-transmission networks throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Your role includes collaborating, performing, and leading regional and local reliability studies - including voltage, thermal, PV, transfer limit, short circuit, and stability assessments.
- Analyze and assess complex transmission systems at numerous voltage levels. Document and communicate results and recommendations as appropriate including data manipulation, report writing, and summary presentations.
- Develop design solutions and possible alternatives to mitigate identified assessment criteria violations.
- Collaborate and interact with internal teams and industry peers on regional activities (e.g. NERC, NPCC, ISO-NEs, etc.).
- Strive to seek out and develop subject matter expertise as necessary to mentor and support the team to aid in the advancement of business needs.
- Employ teamwork with engineers in System Planning, Transmission Asset Strategy, and engineers and operating personnel elsewhere in Electric Operations in performing analyses and providing technical support in planning and operational environments.
- Serve as a company expert witness advocating the Companys position at various regulatory and/or siting proceedings on issues dealing with plans for Transmission improvements.
- Manage electric transmission system planning, including compliance with state, regional and NERC standards and regulations and environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Manage technical projects having significant economic impact on the design, engineering, and operation of the transmission system.
- Present, direct and/or prepare corporate testimony and written responses for rate cases and other local, state or federal regulatory proceedings.
- Lead advocacy of governing transmission planning processes and standards, both within the utility, as well as with ISO-NE and Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC).
- Assimilate transmission business knowledge (FERC/State regulatory decisions, desires, etc.) in order to derive a Five-Ten Year Transmission Plan.
- Serve on various internal committees and task forces to provide information and recommendations to senior management.
- Collaborate with other departments/engineers on preliminary design of system projects.
- Manage the department by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Oversee the management and development of area staff.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience required with 5 years in Power Systems Analysis or Planning for electric utility projects.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or related. Advanced Degree in Power Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Extensive experience associated with the modeling, analyses, and planning level designs of transmission lines, substation facilities, and other applicable assets or resources comprising New Englands electric power system.
- Experience with power system transmission analysis tools such as PSSE, TARA, EMS, ASPEN, PROMOD, PowerWorld, PSCAD or other similar analysis software.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering concepts such as reliability, load flow, stability, short circuit, voltage regulation, transients, power factor, losses, etc.
- PE License preferred
Salary: $DOE. Comprehensive benefits, bonus structure, within a top-level organization.swbkr79-12520
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.