Fortune 500 company looking for an experienced technician to maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and monitor the on-site chemical and gas delivery system, test setup, engineering safety controls, and abatement equipment.
Technician will be responsible for the safe operation of assigned chemical and/or gas distribution systems, with duties including:
- Handle and change-out of compressed gas cylinders, scrubber canisters, and gas monitoring system supplies.
- Assemble, maintenance, troubleshoot and repair of gas delivery systems, vacuum components, and test setups.
- Manage inventories/logistics of chemicals and ensure compliance with local ordinances and company policies.
- Prepare and execute detailed test plans.
- Oversee and troubleshoot the Specialty Gas Lab Alarm System, including during off-business hours.
- Support SAG with the design, assembly, and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems used in production.
- Familiarity with electronic and specialty gases, its associated hazards, required personal protective equipment (PPE), and material compatibility; sizing, selection, and use of ultra-high purity fittings.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, develop, set up and conduct automated experiments using electro-mechanical hardware and instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition systems (DAQ), sensor interfacing (analog and digital), pneumatic and electro-mechanical systems, and process instrumentation.
- Excellent technical report writing skills required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
Education and Experience
- AAS, AS, or equivalent
- Experience with operation of gas cabinets, and purge manifolds.
- Experience handling toxic, corrosive, and flammable gases in a safely manner. HAZMAT or HAZWOPER certifications a plus.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.