Senior Chemist- PSA Division
The Senior Chemist - PSA is responsible for formulating and synthesizing Polymers for PSA products. This includes formulating new products as well as improving existing products.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry
- Four (4)+ years solvent based PSA experience
- Minimum of three (3) years R&D lab experience
- Experience formulating and synthesizing solvent based acrylic polymer for PSA
- First-hand familiarity with PSA and PSA tape applications
- Knowledge of raw materials used in PSA products
- Proficient with Windows based software, including databases
- Demonstrated ability to work with hazardous chemicals
- Excellent verbal and written skills for internal and external communication
- Strong research capabilities for new technology related to responsibilities
- Organized and detail oriented
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Taking one of leadership positions in PSA R&D division to achieve the goals.
- Proactive involvement to create PSA R&D Division task, then accomplishing it and as a result contributing whole organization business expansion.
- For further advancement, promote PDCA cycle for a certainty, and keep challenge for ideal situation.
- In case of contingency, search real causes, then develop countermeasures. After that, keep supervising Chemist properly to prevent another trouble.
- In case of consultation from Chemist, listening actively and bridge building between members and manager, as a result creating good communication in a workplace.
- Paying good attention for members development and giving advice.
- Research & development of new products/ formulations, Improvement to present formulations
- Assisting with customer service; provide support to local manufacturing and sales (QC, technical service, trouble-shooting, product recommendations)
- Working with customers for new product trials and field technical service
- Support & evaluate cost reducing initiatives: utilize new and more efficient raw materials; use up old inventory in batches; formulate with existing raw materials when possible
- Selecting, calibrating, installing and maintaining lab equipment
- Communicate and maintain a record of testing; provide updates to sales as necessary
- Create & maintain written standard operating procedures for controls and equipment
- Manage & communicate project schedule and due date with sales and share as necessary with team
- Follow all work site rules for safety, waste, and chemical handling
- Maintain a clean and orderly work bench and lab work area
- Provide additional support to the company in various areas relating to meeting customer requirements
- Deeply understand corporate strategies and objectives.
- Competitive hourly pay
- Excellent company paid benefits
- Paid Sick days and Vacation days
- Paid Holidays and Paid Floating Holidays
- After only 30 days: Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance Very low rates!
- FREE Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- FREE Life Insurance
- Flexible Saving Account- FSA option
- Relocation Expenses
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.