The Lab Manager is responsible for general supervision of all areas of technical work and services. Its goal is to develop effective technical service and application team to increase customer satisfaction, and to contribute to the business performance of the division. The review of current products for further improvement, implementation of continuous cost reduction activities etc. by collaborating with other related parties in company as well as other group companies are also required.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field or 10+ years working experience in the printing ink, chemical or coatings industry.
- Sufficient technical experience with flexible packaging customers.
- 10+ years supervisory experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, maintaining a positive attitude, and the ability to motivate people are needed.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Realization of the new opportunities (utilize existing facilities and evaluate new ideas).
- Knowledge and experience working with ERP systems preferred.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop effective technical organization in the plant to have good capability of technical service and application development in order to grow in the US market, especially in the flexible packaging area.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day lab work of the facility.
- Train subordinates to improve their skills and give them feedback to become more competent and productive employees.
- Conduct effective cost reduction scheme internally and with other related parties.
- Must have a hands-on leadership role since this position works closely with managers and supervisors throughout the plant and coordinates with other managers on all support activities.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action, and follow-through of actions.
- Maintain existing lab equipment; replace, or make adjustments when necessary.
- Manage & implement the Companys policies and goals.
- Control and minimize overtime and lab expenses.
- Consider and make suggestions on facility, equipment, and processes for future improvements.
- Annual written review of direct reports performance and goal setting; ongoing performance dialogue with personnel throughout year.
- Provide leadership, development, and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Establish expectations, demonstrate proper behaviors, manage and train personnel to secure a clean & safe working environment; suggest & implement safety improvements.
- Provide weekly / monthly reports to Technical Manager.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent company paid benefits
- Paid Sick days and Vacation days
- Paid Holidays and Paid Floating Holidays
- After only 30 days: Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- FREE Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- FREE Life Insurance
- Flexible Saving Account- FSA option
- 401-K plus an Excellent Match
- Opportunity for growth
- Promote from within philosophy
- Employee Referral Bonus pay
- Tuition assistance
- Relocation Assistance
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.