Seeking a talented Manufacturing/Process Engineer to manage Continuous Improvement projects and Lean best practices for a non-union manufacturing plant in Greencastle, PA. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Manufacturing/Process Engineer will also lead Maintenance and Environmental Health and Safety for the facility and provide leadership to the workforce when the Plant Manager is offsite. The plant produces building products, supplying the Eastern United States.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage continuous improvement projects and utilize Lean techniques to optimize all areas of the manufacturing process (quality control, run rate, waste reduction, downtime, and housekeeping).
- Provide maintenance-related support (supervise/coordinate repairs, research spare parts, manage outside contractor projects).
- Data collection and statistical analysis of manufacturing related metrics (run rate, downtime, waste numbers, QC data, etc.).
- Assist with customer claim analysis and corrective actions.
- Optimize warehouse utilization (maximize space, organization, eliminate product damage). Assist with raw material variance investigation and improvement.
- Manage the plants safety program (safety procedures, training, and implementation of new safety equipment/processes). Ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA/other agency regulations.
- Continue the effort to increase safety awareness and compliance to procedures across the plant to achieve zero OSHA recordable incidents. Implement best practices and improvements regarding Industrial Hygiene.
- Assist with maintenance of environmental pollution control equipment and environmental reporting/compliance.
- 4-year degree in Engineering discipline required, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 3-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment required; roofing industry a plus.
- Ability to quickly understand product and related manufacturing processes.
- Hands-on leader capable of motivating others and building teams.
- Familiar with safety programs and OSHA compliance.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement, Six Sigma, or related methodologies and concepts.
- Able to troubleshoot and address quality issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with plant employees and all levels of management.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills, and familiar with MRP and ERP systems (MAS 200 a plus).
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.