Technical Application Engineer
Detroit, MI area
Technical Application Engineer is responsible for the full technical support and advice for customers in the United States. Will actively advise our customers on technical issues regarding product design and devlopment for rubber products-injection and compression molded.
- Work with Tier 1 and 2 Automotive OEM Design Release Engineers to define sealing & material requirements in order to start a RFQ.
- Work & interface with our core product development team in Germany and be the leader for US based Engineering solutions within the Automotive technologies.
- Investigate and recommend solutions based on gathered information from the customer & effectively communicated to the US & German teams. Inspire new processes and technologies to be brought into the product eco-system based on continued involvement with our highly educated customers & effectively re- communicated to our German support
- Support RFQ processes and technical changes of existing products at our customers.
- Organize and carry out technical trainings at our customers sites.
- Interact with new customers regarding materials, product perimeters, and product application; communicate the same info to our R&D, Product, and Production teams.
- Be prepared to help solve any customer problem issues regarding materials, processing or production.
- Bachelor of Engineering desired.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with design/drafting programs similar to Solid Works, Catia (CGM Format), Rocket Software, Syncplicity, E-Supplier,
- Automotive Tier 1 exposure & experience working with OEMs.
- Knowledge of rubber elastomer material characteristics-EPDM, FKM, Nitrile, Silicone, etc.
- Coordiate RFQ documentation.
- Experience developing and supporting real-time responsive for engineering estimates based on embedded
- Strong independent drive and work
- Ability to communicate directly with customers, understand their requirements, effectively communicate those requirements & realize those requirements to solutions.
- Note: (Remote position possibility)
Email resume as MS Word doc attachment direct with targeted salary range or call:
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.