A dynamic and growing Property and Casualty insurance client is seeking an Underwriting Manager to join their Home Office in the Tampa Bay area. The company offers a variety of Homeowners insurance products in multiple states. Our client offers a very competitive salary, a robust benefits package, an upbeat corporate culture, career development opportunities and relocation assistance.
Underwriting Manager overview
Responsible for providing strategic and creative direction for the Underwriting team to achieve the companys service and financial goals. Analyzes underwriting and agency-level data from a variety of sources and draws precise conclusions regarding issues and/or opportunities. Takes responsibility for accumulating and maintaining the highest quality portfolio possible.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop or refine processes & procedures that will meet the desired strategic service and quality objectives,.
- Allocate underwriting resources to maintain strong agency relationships and partnerships with marketing sales team
- Effectively communicates with customers, agents, company personnel and external audiences..
- Assist in design of product and pricing plans through participation in rate and form filings and identify market opportunities and product offering gaps.
- Develop strategies to improve new and renewal underwriting activities and risk classification leading to increased price segmentation and territory definition.
- Identify trends and develop action plans with staff and marketing managers to address underperforming agents and CSRs (Customer Service Representatives) via audit, system & phone usage, and key financial metrics.
- Improve team effectiveness by developing clear goals and objectives for staff
- Evaluate daily and annual employee performance including development plans and training needs.
- Manage and complete a variety of projects as assigned.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Agency Profile System and Policy Issuance System in order to be a key point of contact for any training matters associated with either system
- Perform technical system testing of Agency Profile and Policy Issuance system modifications before and during the staging/testing system status
- Assist in any audit and compliance matters as needed
- A minimum of eight (8) years of Homeowners Underwriting experience, with at least 5 years of that being in a supervisory or managerial role. Takes ownership for problems/requests and develops solutions that are responsive to the customer in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation in achieving results in a team environment.
- Sets high standards and consistently achieves high-quality work.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be able to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with customers, vendors, and personnel.
- Homeowners product Underwriting expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Refined interpersonal and leadership abilities that promote positive attitudes and influences others to do the same.
- Strong analytical abilities and proven decision making skills
- A commitment to professional development that could include a CPCU, ARM, CIC, etc.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.