See all jobs in Portland ME
Job Location: Portland, ME
Lead Substation Electrical Engineer
Locations: Portland ME, Augusta ME, Newark NJ, Atlanta GA
Top shelf engineering firm is seeking experienced Substation Electrical Engineer to help lead a dramatic surge in Power Delivery Engineering services nationwide. The scope of work will encompass high level engineering designs ranging from 4kV - 500kV. Position will be responsible for development of physical layout of equipment, protection and control logic, elementary and wiring diagrams and will be required to supervise subordinate engineers and designers to assure the quality of design deliverables. Position will also be responsible for specification and procurement of engineered equipment, as well as development of design scope and cost estimates. This is client-facing position and requires excellent communication skills.
- Lead and manage the project engineering efforts for assigned multiple electrical switching and substation projects (4 kV to 500 kV) from conceptual stages to successful completion in terms of safety, reliability, functional performance and adherence to scope, schedule and budget.
- Interface with other technical disciplines and project management & construction teams through all phases of assigned projects.
- Interface with various clients as the Lead Engineer. Responds to client questions and comments. Monitor and resolve client issues.
- Assist in the development of cost-effective and reliable station layout and one-line control drawings, protective relay, SCADA and monitoring schemes.
- Perform insulation coordination studies and engineering calculations for substation ground grids, station battery sizing, lightning protection, voltage drop, short circuit analysis, and SL&P transformer sizing.
- Review and approve electrical permit packages, and construction drawings to assure all engineering standards, construction standards and safety codes are met.
- Review and provide comments and approve control and layout constructions drawings
- Provides training to current employees on a periodic basis so that they are abreast of all latest requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering required with power related courses or relevant experience
- 8 - 12 years hands-on experience as a supervising electrical engineer working with high voltage substations, in electrical utilities, or another related industry
- PE License and/or EIT preferred
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in substation design methods and their application
- Strong proficiency with software programs such as Microstation, CYME, CDIGS, ETAP or similar.
- Candidate must be experienced in participating on engineering teams and multiple projects
- Must work well with supervisors, other electrical, mechanical, and civil/structural engineers, designers and CAD operators
- Salary is dependent upon experience
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Must be authorized to work in US
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.