Lead Transmission Line Engineer
Locations: Dallas TX, San Marcos TX, Houston TX, Rochester NY, Augusta ME, Phoenix AZ, and San Diego CA
Seeking an energetic Civil-Structural engineer who will be responsible for the analysis and detailed design of high voltage power transmission lines ranging in voltage from 69kV through 500kV. The position serves as Project Lead and coordinates work of engineering team members. Specifically, you will manage, prepare, review and/or provide guidance for line routing, survey coordination, PLS-CADD modeling, structure design, foundation design, clearance checks, plan/profile development, material specification and procurement, constructability evaluations, work order package preparation, permitting, vendor/subcontractor coordination and construction support. You will have the opportunity to define the growth and expansion of our T&D business and influence in the region.
- Develop and approve PLS-CADD criteria
- Finalize PLS-CADD models
- Schedule project tasks for project support team
- Attend client stakeholder meetings
- Complete design review meetings with the client
- Mentor/train other engineering team members
- 7 - 10 years experience, specifically in transmission line design with PLS-CADD / PLS-POLE
- BS degree in Civil, Structural, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working in a consulting environment as the primary design engineer strongly preferred
- Registered PE License (or EIT and ability to obtain PE)
- Utility and/or consulting engineering firm experience is essential
- High voltage projects from 230kV - 500 kV
- PLS CADD, PLS-Pole, PLS-Tower, LPILE ; excellent proficiency in at least 1 of these
- Distribution Line experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Salary: $DOE. Also offers bonus structure, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.