Design, install, program, and startup control systems, HMIs, and reporting systems for production lines. Redesign, troubleshoot, and repair control systems to improve productivity. Develop preventative maintenance procedures for production controls. Training of maintenance personnel and supervision of vendor/installation activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and code programs for PLCs and PCs in order to control the various processes associated with the manufacturing of cable and report important metrics.
- Design and layout the various electrical control systems associated with cable manufacturing. Includes electrical system checkout and support during installation.
- Utilize the CAD system to design and maintain system drawings.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the PLCs, drives, and control systems.
- Bachelors degree or higher in related technical curriculum with 2+ years of experience in controls engineering
- Strong experience with PLCs (preferably Allen Bradley) , motor controls and electrical components
- Must be capable of working effectively with vendors and suppliers to resolve process and component issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
- Preferred min of 2+ years relevant process or design engineering experience.
- Strong project management competency and large scale projects.
- Able to function effectively in a team and self-directed work environment
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments for process optimization.
- Knowledge of extrusion processes.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.