We are looking for an Automation Manager with chemical, pulp & paper production experience. This is a customer facing position engaged in a variety of activities across multiple industries. The manager will be expected to be an excellent representative of the company while implementing automated programming and processes that will drive the successful execution of various projects at customer sites. The candidate will be responsible for working with outside customers and vendors to define, develop, engineer and implement projects and scopes of work established in alignment with project goals and objectives.
- The design and implementation of process control schemes to support existing processes which include process efficiency improvements, optimization, process variability reduction, compliance with environmental and safety requirements and equipment/process reliability.
- Specify control hardware and design control schemes for new process automation projects.
- Key customers include plant operators and supervisors, technical and business groups, and maintenance personnel.
- Train operators and maintenance personnel on new control functions.
- Assist technical groups with process improvement activities.
- Assist in process/maintenance troubleshooting activities.
- Responsible for business continuity of process control systems through documentation and training.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in developing control strategies and control narratives for process improvement and new projects.
- Willing to provide mentoring support to other engineers and technicians.
- Provide technical and maintenance support to existing control system platforms at client facilities. Duties may require supporting an on-call rotation for maintenance related support at specific client sites, occurring once every six weeks.
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have extensive experience with a major current DCS platform (Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV, Rockwell PlantPAx, ABB System 800xA, Yokogawa Centum VP)
- Experience in the coordination and implementation of DCS/PLC upgrades, migrations and/or new installation/startup
- Experience with instrumentation, motor control, regulatory control loop tuning, and advance control processes.
- Proficiency in the hardware and system configuration of DCS/OLC platforms
- Familiarity and experience in control strategies related to Chemical or Pulp & Paper production processes is a plus.
- Experience with loop performance evaluation tools and process data historians (i.e. OSI, Capstone, AspenTech) is a plus
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.