Expanding division of a Fortune 500 company is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work as a key member of the Product Engineering Team. If you are a self-directed, highly motivated, and organized engineer with strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills then this opportunity will appeal to you. This opportunity can offer you strong compensation in a stable organization with excellent career growth potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve mechanical product designs and processes
- Improve the quality, manufacturability, cost, and performance of mechanical measurement and control technologies (sensors, valves, meter bodies, flow elements, enclosures, etc.).
- Direct the design and modifications to molded, welded, etched, stamped, machined, and extruded components.Develop and/or interpret complex CAD models and drawings in SolidWorks and Siemens NX.
- Use Mapics and Team Center to maintain and archive product documentation.
- Initiate and assist in implementation of Engineering Change Notices.
- Give direction to and/or perform the validation testing of mechanical design changes by coordinating with the reliability group.
- Provide input to the improvement to the product build and test processes.
- Participate in mechanical design process improvement initiatives.
- Support company continuous improvement initiatives, particularly as related to product quality.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to lead and make technical contributions to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, desire to learn, and an effective team player in a global environment.
- Ability to generate engineering standards.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ANSI Y14 drawing standards and GD&T.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 3 to 15+ years experience in mechanical design is required.
- 3D CAD Modeling, Drawing generation and CAD database experience is required.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ANSI Y14 drawing standards and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing a plus factor
- Experience with mechanical design of instrumentation/electromechanical devices is a plus.
- Experience with agency approvals such as UL, ATEX, PED, and RoHS a plus.
- Experience with engineering standards such as ASME BPVC and SEMI a plus.
- Experience in design for manufacturability and cost is desired.
- Experience in manufacturing and assembly is desired.
- Experience in experimental design, testing, and analysis is required.
- MathCAD, Simulink, LabView, Python, FEA Analysis experience is a plus.
- Related experience or training in process control instrumentation, metrology, data collection & analysis, and/or calibration is desired.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.