This position performs a comprehensive support role leading Product and Process Development, with technical assistance primarily to Operations and Quality Assurance as directed. It supports the successful development, scale-up, commercialization and optimization of new and current products in support of Company growth and efficiency objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage product and process development projects including serving as a technical liaison cross-functionally, and externally with suppliers, contractors and customers
- Perform laboratory bench work in the validation of product prototypes
- Validate product formulations and manufacturing parameters (e.g., batch cycles and yields) for operations and financial reviews
- Validate ingredient, product and process specifications
- Identify and recommend optimization of raw material formats and unit sizes, in collaboration with Procurement, Operations, Planning and Suppliers
- Design and conduct/direct product evaluations, manufacturing process characterizations and shelf-life studies
- Design, direct and participate in scale-up production runs
- Identify and recommend manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Evaluate, recommend and implement product reformulations and manufacturing process improvements
- Identify and recommend capital investments resulting in improved yields, efficiencies and/or capacities
- Attend professional and/or educational seminars or conferences as approved
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Minimum BS degree in Food Science, Food Engineering or related (e.g., biology, chemical engineering), Masters degree preferred.
- Preferred 5+ years product and process development experience in the food and beverage industry
- Hands-on experience in a food and beverage manufacturing facility (product blending, processing, packaging; sanitation/CIP)
- Proficiency with basic food and beverage laboratory methods and equipment (e.g., refractometer, titration, distillation, spectrophotometer, colorimeter)
- GMPs, HACCP (Juice HACCP preferred), GFSI (SQF Practitioner or equivalent preferred)
Language/Communications: Proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English. Technical writing skills
Reasoning: Self-starter with strong problem-solving, project management, communications relationship-building skills. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously as needed.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.