See all jobs in Indianapolis IN
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
Corporate Furnace Operations Engineer.
The Furnace Operations Engineer is responsible for providing plant support to multiple plants in this well-established, stable, profitable manufacturing company. He/she will be responsible for auditing operations in the batch and furnace areas, developing operating procedures, developing process improvements, directing and implementing furnace repair projects and troubleshooting operating issues. Duties include:
The engineers in this department have good working relationships with each other and the other professionals they work with. They believe in seeing all the team members succeed. If you are a less experienced engineer, you will have more experienced team members to learn and grow from. If you are a more experienced engineer, you can put your mentoring skills to work.
- Monitoring and guiding plant Batch and Furnace Operations through data review and regular phone contact.
- Plan and direct hot repairs to the furnace and cold repair glass drains and heat ups.
- Participate in furnace cold repair design improvement efforts.
- Troubleshot operating problems.
- Develop operating procedures and standards from best practices.
- Investigate process improvements to procedures or facility equipment utilizing internal and external resources.
- Conduct formal audits and monitor/facilitate corrective actions.
- BS Chemical, Ceramic, Materials Science or equivalent required.
- At least 5-10 years Furnace experience in glass manufacturing.
- Understanding of glass formulation and furnace design principles desired.
- Aptitude in analysis of data and engineering principles.
- Wiling to travel to the US glass manufacturing plants.
- Ability to deal well with people at all levels from hourly workers at the plant to VPs at Corporate.
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the worlds leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
- Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
- It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
- Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
- Strong career succession planning program.
- Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
- Fairly recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
- Strong management team.
- Company that values its employees.
- Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
- Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
- Annual bonus potential.
- This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.