Glass Furnace Process Engineer - Architectural Glass Manufacturing Plant - Pennsylvania
Your Role with the Company:
The Glass Furnace Process Engineer is responsible to lead technical improvements in the area that they are assigned. This is done by following the lean six sigma process. The successful candidate may be responsible for process, product, or equipment improvements. It is expected that they would work in a manner of continuous improvement and document improvements to share with other manufacturing sites.
What you will be doing:
- Define the improvements necessary to make process improvements that yield results in safety, quality, cost and control.
- Measure and demonstrate capability for the process/product/equipment assigned for improvement.
- Analyze the information available or that you gather to determine where you need to work. You are expected to use lean six sigma tools like fishbones, failure mode and effects analysis, histograms, pareto, and a variety of statistical tools.
- Make improvements through Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED), standardized work, designed experiments, 5S, Takt time, and work cell design.
- Modify control plans to capture improvements, maintain a run chart to make sure the process does not drift, and teach employees how to use their control chart to improve effectiveness.
- Provide technical guidance, engineering support and recommendations on facility and company equipment and process to effectively utilize resources for process development, process/product improvements and reliability in order to meet the needs and expectations of customers.
- Work independently and manage projects to established timelines as performance is measured against project goals and specific assignments.
- Trouble-shoot, analyze and resolve problems, plan, organize and share information.
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Required (Chemical or Ceramic Preferred)
- 8+ years related production/process experience
- A working knowledge of computer aided-design equipment and computerized processes is preferred
- strong technical knowledge of glass cutting, edging and bending for the automotive industry
Why Work Here?
- This is a global corporation focused on Glass. Good company to work for.
- This Company has been a pioneer in glass technology for over a century and it plans to continue its work in glass innovation.
- Very attractive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, AD&D, ST and LT Disability, Flex spending, Vacation, Additional paid time off, Fitness discounts, Smoking cessation program, Safety recognition awards, EAP, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance, Identity theft program, Excellent retirement programs including 401K and defined benefit plan; Pet insurance, Discounts of cars, trucks and SUVs, other special discount for entertainment events, auto/home insurance discounts, etc.
- Paid relocation
- Beautiful, historical town. Hiking trails and biking trails. Opportunity to experience all 4 seasons.
- Located close to rural areas as well as major cities. Centrally located to Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York City, and Pittsburgh, PA.
- Solid company with excellent opportunities for advancement
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.