Are you passionate about reproductive justice, economic justice, and racial justice? Do you eat the news for breakfast and take to social media when you see injustice? If so, you should consider joining the ConwayStrategic team.
ConwayStrategic is seeking a Communications Program Manager to support communications and public affairs projects for progressive clients. The successful candidate will have media relations experience, as well as strong research and writing skills.
- Manage media relations activities:
- Draft media materials including press releases, pitch letters, quotes, fact sheets, talking points, and letters to the editor.
- Pitch written pieces and spokespeople to, and build relationships with, local and national media contacts at print, radio, digital, podcast and TV outlets.
- Build and update media lists and manage a media database of key journalists.
- Serve as liaison with spokespeople for public relations opportunities.
- Organize media briefings, teleconferences, and other events.
- Track media placements and successes, including compiling daily clips reports.
- Write op-eds, speeches, and other public-facing materials for clients.
- Assist with paid media buying.
- Backstop and assist principals in preparing and attending meetings and events.
- Conduct online research and reporting on various client-related topics.
- Assist with client and grant reporting as needed.
- Help develop new business pitches and proposals.
- Bachelors degree.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of workplace experience, preferably working in communications and/or media; experience working on advocacy campaigns or with non-profit organizations a plus.
- Experience working with racially diverse clients and staff, and racial justice issues.
- Proven and highly effective organizational skills and strong writing skills a must.
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities; aptitude for working under and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn tracking, analytics, research, and webinar software.
- Graphic design or video editing experience a plus.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-based, participatory environment, as well as work autonomously.
- Comfortable with a virtual office and online project management systems.
- Commitment to and knowledge about political and cultural issues related to womens health and rights, racial justice, and social justice issues.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Location Washington, DC
- Salary Salary range is $65k-$85k and is commensurate on experience
- Benefits- Health, vision and dental insurance, transportation benefits, paid vacation.
- Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
ConwayStrategic is a boutique firm specializing in developing innovative, research-driven public relations, messaging, and advocacy strategies to influence public opinion and create culture change.
Our team consists of talented, driven, curious people who have can-do attitudes, approach work with vigor and determination, learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Weve led organizations and multi-million dollar campaigns, so we know industry best practices and we bring our experience in grassroots organizing, politics, policy, coalition management and more to all our client work. ConwayStrategic has a collaborative, no-drama work setting, in which we respect each others work-life balance while doing what it takes to get the job done.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.