Optical Systems EngineerFort Wayne, Indiana The primary role of this position is to provide Optical Systems Engineering expertise to space-based programs. Orbit imaging and sensing systems operate in the visible and infra-red region of the spectrum.
The Optical Systems Engineer will be part of a highly skilled multi-expertise technical team. The position provides critical support to our Fort Wayne team and on-site support to high-technology American and Canadian suppliers.
This position will provide key engineering products, such as:
- Perform and coordinate system-level Optical hardware and process trades with and Supplier teams to arrive at mutually agreeable spec-compliant solutions to technical problems.
- Definition, Design, Development and Performance Verification of Refractive/Reflective Telescopes, Optical Coatings, Detectors, Processes, and Components resulting in Delivery of Quality Products meeting our Customers Requirements
- Optical budgets and sensitivities including wave-front error, MTF, line of sight, stray-light, SNR, SWAP, glint, spectral tuning/splitting, polarization, phase retrieval, image simulation, and radiometric calculations.
- Creating and Managing Optical and Radiometric requirements and specifications for systems, assemblies, and components.
- Hands-on test/review of data, materials and components to verify compliance to specifications
- Bachelors degree in Optics, Systems Engineering, Physics, or related field with 9 years of HW design experience, OR, a Masters in Optics, Systems Engineering, Physics, or related field with 7 years of design experience
- 2+ years working knowledge of Zemax, Code V, FRED, and DOORS
- 5+ years experience in Systems requirements management (ex. performance verification, requirements allocation) for LEO/GEO environment
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to mentor junior level optical engineers focused on technical/cost/schedule optimization
- Familiarity with ASAP and MatLab
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to vendor or customer sites
- DoD Secret Clearance preferred
The primary role of this position is to provide Optical Systems Engineering expertise to space-based programs. Orbit imaging and sensing systems operate in the visible and infra-red region of the spectrum.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.