Our Client is a rapidly-growing regional company that specializes in heavy civil, environmental, and industrial construction. Due to our tremendous growth, we have an outstandingopportunity for a Construction Estimator in our Indianapolis, IN office.
The ideal candidate will have estimating experience for industrial and civil construction projects in the civil, industrial, power, transportation, infrastructure fields for the purpose of bidding on projects or negotiating contracts to perform the construction work. This position is responsible for creating accurate and complete estimates, based on both conceptual design ideas and complete design documents. This role will also build new supplier relationships and foster current partnerships in order to secure best pricing and to meet client/project deadlines.
The ideal candidate will also have a clientfocused approach and will work well independently and as part of the projectteam.
- Develops scope for bid packages after reading, reviewing, and studying construction documents (specifications, plans, addendums, RFIs) for the purpose of understanding the design intent and constructability of the project.
- Prepares estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages: Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Assists with maintaining the estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date.
- Consults with clients, project team members, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Researches construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Works with the project management team throughout the pre-construction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Reviews design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers, generates acceptable value engineering ideas, and prepares life-cycle costing.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Understands how to create proper bid packages and works with the engineering team on the information required in each package to assure complete bids and providing the right information needed to start construction or maintain the project schedule.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Presents and explains project budgets to clients, designers, and operations teams.
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for the estimate, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists,etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree with major coursework in Construction Science, Building Science or Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field is required.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in the construction industry, with three (3) years as an estimator with a concentration in civil.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access, and construction / project management software packages (i.e., InEight, Primavera P6, and Viewpoint).
- Ability to think analytically; demonstrate effective time management skills; ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in fast pace environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand and communicate basic construction concepts.
- Exhibits strong Interpersonal and problem-solving skills; with accuracy and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to build solid working relationships with team members, vendors, and customers.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic - results driven.
The Culture & Environment is....
- A great place to work with a workforce that is committed to excellence.
- Casual culture with a prominent focus on adding value for the customer while eliminating waste.
- Open-minded atmosphere where new ideas are welcome.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.