See all jobs in Alsip IL
Job Location: Worth, IL
Our client is growing at 40% a year. They are seeking a seasoned Maintenance Manager who can bring in new ideas and help bring in new processes. You will be part of a management team that is implementing lean and enhancing processes, procedures and systems.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position will have five direct reports and will be responsible for the administration and continuous improvement of a total productive maintenance system, ensuring the effectiveness, reliability, and sustainability of all facility manufacturing and building assets. This is a highly visible opening that will allow the successful candidate to make his mark on this plant. This operation has been without an Maintenance Manager since last year and they need a person with good leadership skills who has the ability and skill set to be the Plant Managers right hand man. This facility has three primary product lines and it would be this persons responsibility to keep those lines up and running. It is imperative that this individual have a background in continuous improvement and operational excellence, who can implement a Total Productive Maintenance program.
- Drive a culture of safety with the team, leading by example, abiding by federal, state and local regulations, ensuring proper safety precautions are met such as lock-out tag-out and proper identification and storage of hazardous materials per OSHA GHS guidelines and fall-protection.
- Support projects that target quality improvements including equipment and/or controls modifications and tooling or fixture design and fabrication.
- Utilize Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) methodology to improve equipment up-time due to unplanned maintenance activities.
- Utilize asset management system to list all critical assets, organize preventative maintenance schedule for both internal personnel & external contractors, track maintenance notes for planned and unplanned maintenance activities and identify and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Prioritize maintenance tasks and work assignments for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Scheduling maintenance staff working hours to provide appropriate coverage for production including overtime requirements.
- Coordinate with outside contractors to perform facility and equipment maintenance work as required with tasks including vendor identification, quoting and assisting with vendor setup.
- Create purchase requisitions for parts and contracted labor as required.
- Maintain adequate spare parts inventory.
- Perform regular evaluations and reviews providing effective coaching and development. Identify opportunities for training (either internally or externally provided) to strengthen the skill set of the maintenance team.
- Participate in the selection and acquisition process of new equipment, including reviewing specifications and capabilities and maintenance requirements, coordinate dismantling, relocation and installation of equipment ensuring successful start-up and qualification.
- Participate in lean transformation planning sessions and Kaizen events focused around elimination of non-value-add activities, standard work, 5S and strategy deployment.
- Provide input into the capital expense and annual budget process to ensure proper funding is available so support maintenance activities.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 5+ years direct supervisory experience in heavy manufacturing environment. Experience with sheet metal service center, stamping or sheet metal fabrication a plus.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with ERP and/or asset management systems.
- Able to work weekends as necessary to support maintenance projects and critical equipment downtime issues.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning/organizational & time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred Bilingual English/Spanish
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.