See all jobs in Omaha NE
Job Location: Omaha, NE
Initiating a search for a DIRECTOR QUALITY ASSURANCE (Corporate) for a well-established, multi-site and growing food manufacturing company. Position will lead a mid-sized team and have responsibility for developing and executing against the company's strategic quality plan. Position will report to the President and be part of the leadership team. Requirements
Skills & Abilities
- 10+ years of progressive quality and safety experience in food and/or CPG food companies; 5+ years of management/leadership experience
- Bachelors degree in related/applicable field
- Experience interacting with regulatory authorities
PurposeThe Director Quality Assurance (Corporate) is responsible for defining and executing food safety and product quality management strategies to ensure regulatory compliance and the production and distribution of safe, high-quality products in support of the company’s brands. This role drives productive collaboration with internal and external teams to ensure compliance with quality and regulatory standards, and the achievement of company goals. The Director Quality Assurance (Corporate) is responsible for continuous improvement of the quality management system, food safety program and regulatory management processes. In addition, the role provides leadership for FSQ policy implementation; compliance auditing; SOP and SSOP development and training; the development and implementation of testing and analytical strategies for evaluating raw materials, subassemblies, and finished products; and the performance of food safety, regulatory and quality reviews for all new products, equipment and processes. The Director Quality Assurance (Corporate) is also responsible for leading and developing a professional, collaborative, high-performing team.
- Outstanding leadership ability
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to develop positive, productive internal/external relationships
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize and motivate for the timely achievement of goals
- Thorough understanding of cGMP, FDA-FSMA and multinational regulatory standards; experience with USDA-Organic and Non-GMO Project preferred
Salary $105K - $125K, attractive bonus potential and an attractive benefit package and culture/work environment.
- Provide strategic leadership in support of the brand
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team, responsible for strategic leadership of the company.
- Lead the development of core FSQ policies, programs and policies in support of the company’s brands and regulatory requirements.
- Establish short-term and long-term FSQ goals and objectives that are aligned with company goals; develop and monitor an annual budget.
- Evaluate and improve key performance indicators.
- Stay abreast of regulatory/legal changes, technological advancements and FSQ best practices; drive improvements to FSQ programs and processes.
- Enhance knowledge and ownership of food safety and quality throughout the company.
- Collaborate with leaders in all departments to promote learning, align objectives, and coordinate activities for optimal results.
- Share quality/food safety/regulatory knowledge using training methods and materials adapted for each audience.
- At every opportunity, demonstrate the connection between FSQ efforts, customer satisfaction, brand strength and profitability.
- Inspire and challenge FSQ team members to improve processes, work with urgency and accuracy, and meet team and individual goals for personal, team and company success.
- Oversee, align and improve systems and processes
- Provide leadership to develop, implement and continuously improve the food safety program and quality management system, and their integration with other programs and systems.
- Ensure proper monitoring, audits, preparation and scheduling of regulatory certifications.
- Oversee appropriate corrective and preventative actions to ensure continuous improvement.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.