PAYLOAD SYSTEMS ARCHITECT (Must have DOD Clearance) Rochester, NY The Payload Systems Architect delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to meet the missions of its customers. Responsible for the architectural design, development oversight, and deployment of Electro-Optical Payloads. Responsible for definition of system solutions based on customer current and future needs. Ability to develop system architectures across multiple platforms, mission domains and applications. Accountable for end-to-end systems engineering and integration, engineering documentation, customer engagement, and enterprise coordination. Maintain industry trends and new technologies applicable to products and mission solutions. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of Payload components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced Electro-optical payload system.
- Understands the complete mission that customers want to achieve.
- Evaluates customer and /operational needs to help define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces
- Leads and coordinates various analyses to optimize payload system architecture
- Executes technical responsibilities within project cost and schedule constraints
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues
- Ability to assess and provide direction for make/buy decisions and selection of strategic suppliers
- Determines whether requirements can be met with existing capabilities/designs or if new design requirements must be developed
- Provides technical coordination between external customers engineers, industry engineers and internal engineering groups to articulate technical issues
- Prepares and presents technical information internally and externally that addresses specific subjects of interest
- Advocates the customers critical needs to internal stakeholders
- Ability to work across a variety of mission domains
- Provide technical direction for the development, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems
- Lead and perform trade studies required to make both tactical and strategic technical decisions for programs
- Lead or participate in technical interchange meetings (TIMs) to manage project execution and resolve enterprise issues
- Provide mentoring, guidance and leadership to novice engineers
- 12+ years with a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related, or equivalent
- Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience creating and implementing system architectures and complex mission solutions
- Ability to partner with stake holders and team leaders to identify mission gaps and develop system solutions which provide customer value
- Experience architecting, analyzing, developing, and integrating end to end systems in areas such as EO, RF and space payload and Bus subsystems
- Experience applying technologies and capabilities in ways not previously anticipated to solve our customers ultimate objectives
- Experience in operating as a prime provider for both exquisite space and small-sat opportunities
- Communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus
- Experience with functional and physical architecture development
Please be aware this position requires TS/SCI Security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.