VP- Controller Retail Banking
Greater Hartford CT
BankersSelect is happy to present an opportunity to be part of an elite team of Accounting / Finance professionals in one of the best managed banks in the US.
This growth-fueled opportunity leads the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process including monthly financial reporting in accordance with GAAP for either the consumer Bank.
This role is part of the bank’s succession planning of more senior accounting executives.
Highly visible, the business unit position will be responsible for implementing policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. This position is also responsible for providing technical accounting support on complex business transactions and financial statement disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
Reporting to the corporate Controller, will be responsible for managing the accounting, reporting, and analysis necessary to support decision making for the organization's Consumer Banking unit. The ideal candidate will have a passion for finding solutions to complex problems, be a self-starting, highly detailed professional who practices discretion in all corporate matters and possesses demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Oversees month-end closing of the general ledger for the business unit.
This highly visible role has an important function within the success framework of the bank, with additional responsibilities including:
- SOX controls
Managing accounting for various credit related activities including loan syndication accounting, FAS 91 (ASC 310) cost studies, and other accounting and reporting lending activities (e.g., TDR identification, accrual and return-to-accrual evaluations, etc.).
- Serves as a partner to the business line - analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations.
- Provides day-to-day technical support to members of Finance, Accounting, and business unit constituents on accounting treatment issues.
- Facilitate and ensure successful audits and reviews (External and Regulatory audits, Internal audits, SOX, etc.).
- Work with financial reporting teams reviewing Consumer Banking activities for applicable SEC filings (10-Ks, 8-Ks, etc.).
- Perform other accounting related activities including recording operating expense accruals, prepaid expenses, managing software capitalization accounting, equipment finance and lease accounting activities including lease classification and residual value impairment reviews, etc.
- CPA required: minimum of 5 years of accounting experience and a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Big 4 Preferred
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.