Compensation - $15.00/ Hour
Schedule – Full Time – Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with possible overtime.
Temp to Permanent Placement
We are looking for a Transportation Coordinator to help support our client in the logistics department. This position is a Temporary to Permanent placement.
This is an Administrative position, but there will be tasks where the perfect candidate will be coordinating logistics with our warehouse people, on the warehouse floor. The majority of the position is at a desk, using email, excel sheet, database programs and other types of communication.
Perfect candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a logistical background – Transportation Coordinator / Dispatcher / FX / UPS / Freight Forwarder / Shipping & Receiving
- High level of communication
- Eager to learn, and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great attitude and calm demeanor, as our Transportation team works at a high pace volume and this person will need these attributes
Typical roles for this person will include:
- Coordinate the planning and execute the logistics for all dedicated truckload “out of state” requirements.
- Maintain rate calculation charts and maintain a database of rates that will best serve the company in quoting these shipments according to agreed rates.
- Assist National Transportation Manager in the research, investigation and coordination of any vendor service failures, equipment damage, equipment loss, failure to execute or service, and any other company concerns that relate to vendor actions.
- Provide a clear line of support that serves to provide out of state quotes in a timely manner, problem resolution and general support as directed as it pertains to national transportation coordination.
- Provide the National Transportation Manager a clear line of support in coordinating and executing these national shipments.
- Assist all internal departments with quoting, coordinating, and executing of freight requirements.
- Generate, research and review Purchase Orders that relate to transportation related invoices on a national scale. Work directly with National Transportation Manager on the timely and accurate submission of these POs to Accounts Payable department.
- Assist National Transportation Manager with the maintenance and monitoring of the company fuel and fleet tracking programs.
- Support the objectives of the company safety program.
- Satisfactorily complete tasks as directed by National Transportation Manager and Director of Warehouse Operations.
- Use sound judgment regarding shipping methods and accuracy of their delivery schedules.
- Track inbound and outbound applicable freight shipments and communicate with all parties involved.
- Assist in the rental of vehicles to supplement transportation as needed.
- Support and assist in the daily warehouse operations as directed by Operations supervisors and Operations managers
Must be willing to submit to a background check and Pre-employment drug screen.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.