See all jobs in Tulsa OK
Job Location: Tulsa, OK
AUTOMATION ENGINEER Location: Tulsa, Ok
AUTOMATION ENGINEER COMPANY PROFILE:
AUTOMATION ENGINEER IMPACT:
- This organization is a strong community partner and invests in the quality of life of their employees, community, and charitable organizations.
- In this team environment, employees thrive in a culture that values people, serves people and emphasizes quality.
- Join an industry leader with 30+ years experience managing communications in over 200,000 locations.
AUTOMATION ENGINEER DETAILS:
- Drive the automation process by eliminating repetitive tasks and rapidly deploying resources.
- Be a leader in laying down the framework and paving the path of how tools and processes to simplify and automate the delivery of networks and firewalls will be used.
- Exhibit a high degree of problem-solving skills, provide proactive communication, share an in-depth knowledge of systems monitoring and understand that uptime is critical to the success of the company.
- The successful candidate thrives on creating a positive team environment with a concentration on improving quality for all parties involved.
- Lead the plan, design, and implementation of network solutions that maximize automation at a high-quality level for both internal and external facing customers.
- Seize opportunities to automate tasks to reduce failure for the future. Conceive, define, develop and deploy tools/processes which automate the network to produce higher business value.
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell to perform installations, upgrades, and troubleshoot problems for the OS and installed application stacks.
- Integration with vendor APIs to provide standardized support, maintenance, configuration and reporting for firewall, network device and access points.
- Ability and desire to design, enforce, maintain, and improve processes and systems engineering best practices, policies and procedures.
- Effectively document support methods and tasks of automation systems for transition to operations teams.
- Ensure network designs meet industry and client best practices, standards, and any security and compliance requirements.
- Work with 3rd parties to maximize project success when needed.
- Optimize network performance by utilizing provided network monitoring and analysis tools and performance tuning.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Create standard and custom requested reports utilizing current monitoring and reporting tools.
AUTOMATION ENGINEER BACKGROUND:
AUTOMATION ENGINEER NEXT STEPS:
- Fundamental knowledge of general networking technologies and protocols.
- Experience with at least one common administration scripting language such as Python 2. x/3. x, Perl, and Ruby 1. 8+.
- Two or more years of experience working with automated configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Moderate level of knowledge on version control software (ex. TFS, GIT, etc) and the development lifecycle.
- Experience building or working with RESTful web services via JSON, SOAP or XML.
- Experience working with relational database technologies utilizing SQL syntax.
- Advance Your Career - Apply Today.
AUTOMATION ENGINEER Tulsa, Ok
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.