Our client is a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of analytical instrumentation. They have an opening for a Product Specialist – Materials Characterization based in the Los Angeles area. The Product Specialist applies scientific knowledge and principles to provide in-depth training and assistance to the sales staff and customers on the proper use of Rheology, Microwave Digestion and Particle Analyzer product lines. The Product Specialist also represents the company as a technical expert with respect to the assigned product line.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Provides customers with technical and application assistance on the proper use of proprietary hardware and software
- Performs installations for new instruments at customer sites
- Conducts market and competitive analysis from relevant sources such as marketing reports and research, publications, conferences, trade shows, and product demonstrations
- Determines experimental design for prospect testing, conducts said testing, and completes professional reports
- Assists in developing sales aids and promotional materials, such as application notes and reports
- Researches, writes, and presents technical articles, papers and posters
- Maintains the highest level of knowledge of company products and services and the underlying scientific and technical principles
- Should possess analytical problem solving, creative thinking skills, excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, and exceptional customer service skills
- Ideal candidates will have advanced knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering science and technology
- Frequent overnight travel (30-50%)
- Maintaining a valid driver's license and passport
- Bachelor's degree required in chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics or related field.
- Industrial laboratory experience and/or experience working in the analytical instrumentation industry preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
The company offers a great salary, profit sharing and a low-cost full family benefits package that starts on day one.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.