We’ve been engaged by an industry leading, high-growth insure-tech company in Boston to help grow their engineering team. This company has built a suite of technology enabled solutions that are disrupting the personal (and commercial) insurance industry, allowing for easy distribution and acquisition of a variety of products and services.
We’re targeting talented and thoughtful engineers. While our solutions are primarily built using LAMP stack technologies, we will consider any candidates with the interest in working with and learning these technologies. The hiring team will consider engineers with a variety of technology background including Open Stack, Java, MS .NET and others, as long as you have the capacity and passion to pick up our tools and technologies. Engineer will provide PHP programming and functionality for a variety of consumer-related websites and web-based applications. Other qualities and experiences we’re looking for include:
- Experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team to meet business goals.
- Develop platforms and sites from scratch or build enhancements to existing websites and software to meet business requirements
- Work closely with the business team to build requirements define elegant technology solutions.
- Recommend architecture and design optimizations to improve the scalability of the applications and maximize performance
Qualities/Skills we’re looking for in candidates!
- Passion for technology and curiosity and desire to learn
- Ability to align business goals with sleek best in class technology solutions
- Strong hands on experience with PHP, MySQL, MongoDB (or strong engineering foundation with the desire to work in LAMP)
- Experience with a variety of frameworks including Cake, RoR, Symfony, Code Igniter, Javasript or others
- Strong integration experience with REST or SOAP API’s
- Experience building scalable applications
- Interest and ability to build non-trivial web applications
- Knowledge/Experience with ACORD XML standards
- Mobile app development experience
- AWS, Apache, Cashe
- Version control systems including GIT, SVN
- Start Up or Super High Growth experience.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.