Job Title: PC Maintenance Tech
Location: Scott AFB
Clearance: DoD Secret
Our great client was founded and incorporated by a 20-year Navy Veteran. In 2011, their participation in the Veterans Administration’s Veteran-Owned, Small Business (VOSB) Verification Program, allowed them to become one of the first Information Technology (IT) Small Businesses to be officially verified by the Center of Veterans Enterprise (CVE) as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). Headquartered in in Ridgecrest, California, they provided products and services to the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and private industry.
USTRANSCOM is tasked with the coordination of people and transportation assets to allow the US to project and sustain forces, whenever, wherever, and for as long as they are needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in repair work
- Prepares progress reports for all work performed
- Provide remote and/or desk side support to USTRANSCOM users to aid in the implementation of new capabilities, resolution of software problems, and assist in troubleshooting issues associated with accessing and utilizing servers and peripherals
- Respond to alerts when received and take appropriate action
- Train end users in use of equipment and software
- Maintain or utilize telecommunications protocols
- Install new hardware and maintain existing hardware
- Apply Government approved operating system updates and/or patches
- Maintain a whitelisting capability for application for use on the desktop (e.g. Applocker)
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems or issues to increase system reliability and enhance overall system performance
- Load and configure approved client software on end-user devices as necessary to support access to services and use of peripherals
- Configure and maintain network settings on USTRANSCOM’s end-user devices
- Remediate and resolve vulnerabilities identified during monthly security scans to ensure all USTRANSCOM end-user devices are in compliance
- Respond to Classified Message Incidents (CMI) and take appropriate action to remediate issues
- Respond to incidents in the performance of this subtask IAW paragraph 1.6, Incident Priority and Escalation Matrix
- Document maintenance actions in the ITSM system
- When required, Transport workstations to and from customer work area within one (1) business day for on-site customers and two (2) business days for customers off-base within the lo configure and connect workstation, and test workstation for functional operation
- Support Problem Management activities and document work-arounds, and identify the root causes of problems
- Support the Event Management process by providing thresholds and key performance indicators to monitor end-user device service
- End-users device support may be extended to 24 hours per day and 7 days per week during real-world events, contingencies, exercises, or as requested by the Government
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
Associates degree and three (3) years of relevant experience in appropriate discipline or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of five (5) years. Progressive relevant training certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement. An IAT Level II certification is required.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.