HIGH PRIORITY ROLE IN THE NYC AREA FOR A MOTIVATED AND INTERESTED FRONT-END UI/UX DEVELOPER
What you will do:
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team.
- Attend to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Actively work to improve the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business while establishing and maintaining positive and effective working relationships
- Participate in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Provide leadership/mentorship as it relates to emerging technologies and readying engineers for productively integrating the same into business.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Mentor and coach more junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) required; Master's degree in information technology or computer sciences preferred, or equivalent provable experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related work experience.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process preferred.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Git, SQL, and APIs.
- Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, Elixir, GitHub, Continuous Integration, etc. preferred.
- Active social media or conference presence for the Open Source community is a big plus!
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of ES6, React, Redux and Webpack.
- Good understanding of Asynchronous Request Handling, Responsive Design Techniques.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Sketch or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Proficient understanding of unit testing and integration testing.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Basic knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework is required.
- Approaches engineering requests from a user's vantage point to form architectural and technical requirements.
- Stays well-informed of emerging technologies and software trends.
- Capable of debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Any Elixir knowledge is a big plus.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- We want 3+ years of experience and prefer consumer interface experience.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.