We are seeking a Development Environment Lead to join our team of qualified individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of the Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interact with, support, and influence fellow members of a diverse team within a large program. Your ability to articulate, coordinate, and execute configuration management tasking and develop new strategies in a team setting will be key to your success in this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains the Development Environment approach and capabilities to be used on the Program, including working with the customer to obtain and maintain the tools and services necessary to enable effective software engineering
- Responsible for all engineering tools in the Development environment, including those used for requirements management, design, model-based engineering, engineering collaboration, technical planning, and configuration management
- Installs, manages, patches/updates, provides problem resolution, and supports users in the use of engineering tools used on the Program
- Plans for future engineering environment needs based on existing and anticipated work to be performed
- Works closely with the DevSecOps Lead to ensure that tools and procedures work together effectively
- Coordinates with the government and/or other providers to ensure that adequate infrastructure and tools are available to support user needs
- Participates in requirements management, configuration management, and other software engineering activities as appropriate
- The Development Environment Lead reports to the System Team Manager
- Local travel may be required up to 10% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and five (5) years’ experience
- At least three years’ experience with primary responsibility for maintaining a similar development environment
- Experience managing an development environment utilizing the IBM Collaborative Life-cycle Management (CLM) suite of tools, including Rational Team Concert (RTC) and DOORS Next Generation (DOORS-NG)
- Experience with MBE and system modeling tools such as Rhapsody, Sparx EA, or Cameo
This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen. Must possess active Secret security clearance in order to qualify. Desired Skills:
- Experience supporting an Agile development program
- Must have a current, active Secret (or higher) clearance
- Experience having planned and established a similar development environment
- Experience supporting Agile software development teams
- Experience using other IBM CLM-related tools
- Experience using development environments and tools that support Agile development, and especially SAFe, such as JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, Confluence
- Experience working with or supporting a DevOps tool chain
- Complete insurance coverage – Blue Cross Medical, Delta Dental, Vision, Life
- 401(K) with company contribution
- Generous paid time off
Cinteot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.