This role will work with Senior Leaders to promote a high reliability organization. The director will lead clinical quality initiatives utilizing quality concepts, tools and data. The director maintains continuous awareness of patient safety and compliance with regulatory bodies. The director has 24-hour responsibility as required for the job functions. The director supervises the associates utilizing Human Resources’ policies and processes.
* The director works closely and effectively with all members of the Quality Management team, as well as the Leadership team in order to enhance performance and ensure that improvements are sustained.
* Sponsors professional grow and development among direct reports
* Acts as a liaison between the hospital and Regulatory bodies
* Provides direct guidance and support for the facility’s quality initiatives in line with Corporate strategies and external quality resources and national benchmark data
* Collaborate with clinical operations leaders and clinical staff to engage in process improvement
* Provides resources, support and information to department directors and clinical leaders via timely responses to requests. Assesses and makes recommendations for improvement, as well as distributes information, plans of action and oversees the ongoing improvements.
* Facilitate the planning and implementation of strategies for the improvement of Patient Safety
* Responsible for the implementation and annual review of the Performance Improvement Plan
* Overall coordination and integration with other departments that have a direct relationship to quality processes and strategies
* Guides quality improvement in support of the strategic and financial objectives of the organization
* Facilitate the planning and organizing of organizational approaches to new and revised measures ensuring compliance and implementation on schedule to avoid penalties and achieve the quality outcome goals.
* Plans and coordinates regulatory compliance initiatives with accrediting bodies as appropriate
* Facilitates the Joint Commission survey in coordination with senior leadership
* Manages the flow of information into the Patient Safety Evaluation System
* Facilitates FMEA process and reporting
* Provides direct guidance and support to the hospital based and medical staff quality committees, as needed
* Supports medical staff quality initiatives and guides performance improvement within the Peer Review guidelines set forth by Medical Staff Bylaws and the accreditation standards
* Maintains specific understanding of clinical and quality applications and utilizes application methodology and reports for outcome measurement (MIDAS, Trendstar, HBOC, SCM)
* Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices
* Other duties as assigned by direct report
* Currently licensed to practice in the state of Florida per related field, but may consider 5 years of direct hospital quality experience in lieu of clinical license.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare or other information related field required
* Experience in Quality Management, robust process design, high-reliability outcomes required
* Excellent leadership skills including developing vision and objectives, facilitating work plans, assembling team members with requisite skills and a proven track record for managing to desired outcomes in a timely manner.
* Experience with implementing programs, managing people and projects across multiple skills and departments in a highly matrixed environment
* Ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal, business writing and presentation skills
* Computer skills mandatory for software applications and clinical systems, databases and hospital based systems; formal training or certifications preferred
* Understanding of accreditation requirements and experience successfully guiding standards compliance within healthcare organizations
* Global understanding of organizational requirements, development strategies and technological support for successful performance improvement
* Demonstrated ability to successfully guide team process
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.