Global Healthcare Technology company is searching for new hardware engineering and embedded systems talent! This well established (100 yr old+) company continues to innovate and lead the healthcare technology world with new products and solutions. As part of the digital / wearable hc technology business unit, engineers will work on unique and cutting edge products that are changing peoples lives. Our client offers the best of both worlds (for engineers!) – Start Up Culture and Mentality with the funding of a fortune 500 organization!!
The Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of software for wearable and handheld medical devices which including connectivity to remote controllers and smart phones.
Qualified candidates will have strong electrical engineering background, experience with device drivers, power management, battery technologies, wired and/or wireless communication protocols including;
- Bluetooth Low Energy and documenting quality system procedures
- FDA and IEC regulations
- Mobile application development experience is a plus.
Engineers will participate in technical design reviews, safety hazard analysis, product security assessment, user interface reviews and regulatory submission activities. Candidates will work with peer teams including electrical engineers, usability engineers, clinical evaluation team and software test teams. Project and Product delivery teams collaborate with the other functional groups including systems engineering, mechanical engineering as well as quality and regulatory to ensure successful implementation of designs.
Responsibilities and Required Experience
- Design and develop embedded software on wearable and handheld medical devices with BLE connectivity to a remote controller and smart phone.
- Test, debug and resolve issues, and perform software integration
- Work closely with stakeholders to gather specifications.
- Support Clinical and user studies as needed
- Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) and bare-metal firmware development
- Strong Windows development experience, Programming in C or C++ and product security techniques
- Knowledge of C++ and C# is a plus
- Understanding of FDA 21 CFR 820 and IEC 62304 software development standards are highly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in EE, CE, CS or equivalent – Master’s preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in medical device software development
- Experience with Bluetooth / BLE, Low-Power Systems.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.