Assistant Project Manager- Utilities Construction
Office Location: Kearneysville, WV
Our Client, a well-established utility construction company, is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join their team. Their Corporate office is located in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia near Martinsburg. They specialize in horizontal boring, jacking, tunneling utilities water and wastewater projects.
- This Assistant PM positions requires a proficient level of computer software / technological skills acquired during schooling or previous construction projects. Drive and willingness to learn and advance throughout the organization is a must.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management, or a 2-year degree in engineering technology is preferred.
- Civil/ Site / Utilities Construction project scheduling and change order experience a plus
- Experience with project management software. I.e. Oracle Primavera or Microsoft Project.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Project and Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent project management skills especially related to industry’s computer software programs
- Visit customers and project sites on an as-needed bases
- Ability to read and understand construction/ engineering plans
- Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of utility construction
- Proficient in trouble shooting and problem solving
- Review drawings and specifications for completeness and general compliance with commonly accepted engineering/ construction best practices
- Follow client policies, procedures and project control requirements to plan, organize, monitor, control and report project status and ensure financial/operating costs are within budget
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment & materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
Compensation, Benefits and Schedule Overview:
- Salary rate based on experience
- Typically, a Monday – Friday schedule with some evening, weekends and holidays may be required
- Insurance coverage is available after 90 days of service
- 401K with company match
- Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holiday Pay
- Potential Job Profit Bonuses
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.