Aluminum Extrusion Department Manager
Our client is looking for an Aluminum Extrusion Department Manager for an exciting opportunity in Murphysboro, IL. The successful candidate will have a Passion for Safety, deep technical experience, have a very strong collaborative leadership style and will be emotionally intelligent.
KEY REQUIREMENTS Include:
- Must be passionate about Safety!
- 10+ years of Manufacturing Leadership experience
- 3+ years of Aluminum Extrusion Operations experience required.
- Strong analytical skills, professionalism and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Extrusion Press and Die Practices
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement Processes
- Coaching and Mentoring and Culture change experience
- Must have strong interpersonal skills & ability to communicate on all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and independently and with all levels of the workforce
EDUCATION: Degree highly preferred, but not required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
As a member of the Plant Management Team, the Extrusion Manager represents the department in establishing objectives and long-range goals, ensures the department follows organizational policies, procedures and processes and cooperates with other departments as required in achievement of organizational goals.
- Ensures Health and Safety objectives are followed.
- Responsible for the optimal performance of a 2 press Extrusion Department. This includes monitoring the following:
- Productivity in lbs/shift
- Department manning and labor costs
- Extrusion run failures
- Performance and maintenance of production equipment.
- Staff and production performance
- Press results:
- Works closely with the Plant Manager and Extrusion Supervisors on strategic improvement plans for the extrusion department.
- Develop and sponsor experiments to support continuous improvement.
- Enforces the Collective Agreement as required.
- Responsible for answering Sales and Customer quality concerns.
- Reviews New Product Developments with Die Shop Department.
- Able to lead and promote a team environment.
- Ensures that staffing requirements are met for the department, including hiring, employee training and development and goal setting. This includes providing feedback where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.