A global consumer product manufacturer in the Tempe, Arizona area is looking for an experienced Mechanical, Engine Design Engineer that can lead new product design/ development of different product/engine platforms. Essential duties of this position include: Developing new engine platforms and making sure that they meet design, regulatory, quality and cost requirements. Design and develop products that utilize air-cooled engines, engaging with all facets of Product Development Process and leading multiple end-to-end engineering projects and locate/source parts and materials as needed to support samples / prototypes. Specialized knowledge and skills needed for this position include:
- Experiences in developing handheld OPE 2-cycle and/or 4-cycle engines that are compliant to regulations including but not limited to EPA/CARB.
- Familiarity with high volume manufacturing processes including fabrication and assembly line knowledge.
- Knowledge in New Product Development Processes.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping, FDM, and 3D printing process.
- Experience working with die-casting, stampings and injection molded plastic parts.
- Knowledge in Regulatory requirements for 80cc or less engines.
- Experience in developing OPE product that use above listed engines.
- Strong Project and Time Management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering coupled with 4-8 years experience in engine design is required along with the following:
- Experience in designing and developing 80cc or less air-cooled 2-cycle and 4-cycle engines.
- Experience in using 3D CAD System NX.
- Knowledge in using a PDM system such as Team-Center.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.