Position Title: Journeyman Electrician
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Salary: $31.27/Hour + $1 to $2/Hour for Journeyman License + Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Package
Inspect, repair, install, and maintain electrical systems, machinery, and equipment; utilizes a variety of tools or equipment, such as power equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment. Ensure that all work performed meets required safety codes.
- Independently performs a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors.
- Pneumatic Systems to include High Pressure Compressed Air Distribution Systems.
- Hydraulic systems to include cylinders and pumps.
- Electrical Control Systems to include basic troubleshooting skills for Siemens 7, Siemens 5, Allen Bradley Logic 5000, Allen Bradley Logic 500 and/or Beckhoff controls, Proximity Switches, relay logic, Limit Switches, network communication systems, and Profibus and Profinet.
- Demonstrated capabilities in configuring Inverters, VFDs, Servos, Encoders, and Motors.
- Basic troubleshooting skills using Multimeters, Insulation Testers, Meggers, O scopes, Clamp on Amp Meters, and Infrared Cameras.
- Basic understanding of NFPA 70E to include Arc Flash and PPE requirements.
- Must be able to work on different mechanical systems using correct tools and PPE including packaging conveyor systems, chain drives, gear boxes, drive shafts, pulley systems, sprockets, rollers, solenoids, valves, splitter blades, bearings, shafts, rollers, belts, timing belts, chains.
- Must demonstrate a theoretical understanding of safety requirements to include OSHA CFR 1910 basic safety requirements.
- Must be able to work methodically and quickly under pressure to quickly assess equipment failures determining the root cause of the failure and making effective repairs.
- Must be capable of prioritizing jobs and making critical decisions to assist in eliminating excessive downtime and enhance overall OEE for each piece of equipment.
- Must be able to read European Electrical Schematics and order components.
- Understands and follows lockout – tag-out procedures related to assigned production equipment, conveyors, and associated equipment.
- Must be able to work under pressure to assess equipment failures determining the root cause of the failure and making effective repairs.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Effectively communicate needs and expectations to others.
- Work with other departments and teams as needed to facilitate overall operational improvements.
- Ability to self-direct activities, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence, and Innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Current State Licensed Journeyman Electrician or able to acquire
- Associate of Science in Electronics Technology or Industrial Technology or Military training and experience.
- 5 years of experience in related field.
- Microsoft Office Applications with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.