Management Business Solutions has been retained by Haworth to be a “value-add” partner to their recruitment for this position. As a solution-based staffing organization; we have aligned our processes to mirror our client’s talent strategies to identify, screen and recruit qualified candidates.
Social Spaces is an aggregation of a large assortment of ancillary products which are part of the Haworth Inc. portfolio of products. The Social Spaces Sales Specialist is an outside sales position with primary focus of developing new business leading to increased sales of Social Spaces products through network of Haworth dealers, Architecture and Design community, as well as end users in assigned territory. This position is expected to achieve annual sales objectives through education and strengthening relationships to drive specifications and Social Spaces product sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Consistently models Haworth vision and values in dealer, influencer and client engagements to acquire and expand market share for Social Spaces portfolio.
- Spends up to 70 percent of time out in assigned territory, meeting face-to-face with dealer customers, influencers, and end-users to build strategic relationships to drive specifications and sales.
- Develops business plan and local sales strategy to meet weekly, monthly and quarterly strategic sales objectives; plan includes identifying dealer and design firm education/training needs on ancillary products to influence expansion of Haworth specifications.
- Establishes trusted advisor relationships as subject matter/product expert. Educates dealer customers, A&D firms and end-user clients on ancillary products to influence and create Haworth product specifications.
- Educates dealer sales reps and Haworth sellers on product application, features and technical information to increase selling skills on product portfolio.
- Collaborates with Haworth sellers and dealer sales teams on specific project opportunities and target accounts for product application/specification/presentation to strategize on how to win with Social Spaces products.
- Partners with dealer customers to review ancillary product mix on past sales; identifies clients with whom to develop and expand Haworth social spaces products with.
- Works closely with A&D firms (junior, senior, and principal designers) to inform, educate, and influence specifications of social spaces portfolio.
- Facilitates presentations for prospective clients to create desire for Haworth.
- Prepares and proposes solutions to close business and create long-term business relationships.
- Acts as liaison between Haworth and dealers to make it easy to do business with Haworth.
- Continuously pushes self to raise personal standards of performance. Achieves and exceeds quota and product mix sales goals. Constantly evaluates performance gaps; develops action plan to close gaps to meet required Haworth performance expectations.
- Keeps abreast of latest trends in sales effectiveness and adopts new approaches as required to expand client base and increase revenue. Takes initiative to remain current on product knowledge and sales skills training; utilizes this knowledge/training to increase effectiveness as a trusted advisor.
- Effectively manages business plan to track and report activities and opportunities, including face-to-face meetings and project development, utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology. Keeps CRM current by entering all opportunities and interactions into system to produce accurate dashboard and forecasting reports. Manages expense budget/timely expense reporting to adhere to established travel and entertainment guidelines.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, liberal arts, design or equivalent (equivalent is defined as equivalent degree OR job-specific work experience OR combination of education and job-specific work experience; two years job-specific work experience equals one year of formal education – NOTE: job-specific work experience used for education equivalency cannot also be used for work experience qualification).
- Three years related sales or design experience, including two years’ experience in Contract Furniture, Design, Construction or Commercial real estate industry.
- Proven track record of planning and execution, and identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge
- Self-motivated, self-directed and willing to accept responsibility for results.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the sales process and processes/key concerns common to all businesses.
- Solid negotiating ability.
- Proficient in appropriate software packages and committed to learning new technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and listening skills to influence target audience.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the highest level of integrity.
- Proven ability to create, build, and maintain relationships.
- Strong networking skills to develop leads and new business relationships.
- Able to meet and develop a customer relationship from a simple project lead or introduction via team member or other lead sources.
- Ability and desire to work with and contribute to team environment, working positively and collaboratively with Haworth sales teams and dealer sales teams.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, meeting facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Ability to close small, medium and large sales opportunities, with support from sales management when needed.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must be financially literate and possess business acumen.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards with desire and ability to continuously learn and achieve results (i.e., holding oneself accountable for results).
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment at all levels of organization.
- Ability to travel daily away from “home” offices up to 70 percent of time in assigned market with occasional overnight travel, depending on assigned territory; may have occasional international travel, depending on assignment and/or training needs.
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in Haworth office environment.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions with/without accommodation.
- Acts as Champion for Change - Challenges status quo; encourages people to question existing methods, practices, and assumptions; supports people in their efforts to try new things. (HI)
- Demonstrates Tenacity and Perseverance - Maintains high levels of energy and enthusiasm over extended amount of time; does not give up when faced with challenging obstacles; completes what he/she starts; sees projects through to end. (HI)
- Makes Convincing Arguments - Effectively persuades others to see his/her point of view; presents information and logic in manner that addresses audience's interests, concerns, and needs. (HI)
- Pursues Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities. (HI)
- Serves Customers - Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns, and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations. (HI)
- Supports Organizational Goals - Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the company's goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals. (HI)
- Works with Diverse Populations - Shows respect for beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors
- or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds. (HI)
- Influence - Has ability to create understanding and support for initiatives or positions and negotiate to solutions that are supported by all parties. Understands agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing interests and needs of one’s own group with those of broader organization. (HI)
- Cultural Perspective - Seeks to understand business drivers across enterprise by being aware of cultural and economic issues locally, regionally, and around world. Appreciates business and cultural differences. Contributes to atmosphere of acceptance, inclusivity, and appreciation for members’ perspectives across business. (HI)
- Risk Taking and Continuous Improvement - Displays and champions continuous improvement attitude and mindset. Uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact. Takes risks while finding better ways to solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Shows enthusiasm and willingness to plunge into tasks/projects despite difficulty or uncertainty. Initiates activities to eliminate waste. Drives to achieve superior business performance by taking risks to improve products, information, materials, processes, and services. Becomes involved in making decisions about issues that may be unfamiliar and is able to quickly assess likelihood and impact of risks associated with decision. (HI)
- Internal Contacts – Regular contact with members of Field Sales team, corporate Marketing, Product Line Management, Business Resource Center, Sales Training, Customer Service, and Dealer Development departments.
- External Contacts – Frequent contact with dealer customers, design firms, commercial real estate, other influencers, and new and existing end-user customers.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.