For over 50 years this company has been the model of excellence, producing superior parts that uniquely reflect the expertise of their employees, their innovative ideas and their unwavering dedication to deliver the best each and every day. They continues to promote a team-based culture where employees truly feel a bond in their efforts to satisfy customers. Working together in an environment of trust, they have done and will continue to do great things. Whether it's with their employees, customers or community, partnerships are at the heart of everything they do. This organization is dedicated to making a difference at every level. Working side by side, They continue to search for a better way... and a better world. Join this top team as a member of their injection mold team and use your skills and experience to continue to grow and advance. This position will be responsible for the installing, setting up, and documenting all mold changes. This is a position that will continue to offer you a challenge and will allow you to grow and learn.
Location: Kentwood, MI
Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Pay: up to $26/hour based on experience and qualifications
Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift
- Prior experience or knowledge of setting molds.
- General understanding of eye bolts usage, handling, placement in molds, condition.
- General knowledge of hand tools, torque wrench, socket drives, Allen wrenches.
- Knowledge of leveling molds with hand level.
- Knowledge of Mold Clamps placement. How many for what size mold, proper leveling and placement.
- Knowledge of general condition of platen bolt holes and bolts needed to clamp down molds.
- Knowledge of working with overhead crane and flipping and carrying molds in and out of presses.
- General knowledge of lift truck controls and operation. Carrying molds with lift truck safely.
- General understanding of waterline piping through molds. How to figure water flow if no diagram available.
- General understanding of proper water purging through molds.
- General understanding of mold features, vents, leader pins, ejector pins, bushings, mold face/parting lines.
- Basic understanding Hydraulics and how they are used on a mold.
- Basic understanding of hot runners and how they are used on a mold.
- Basic understanding of valve gates and how they are used on a mold.
- Basic understanding of machine controls for mold setting and die-height adjusting.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Knock-out/ejector bars. Both floating and positive return (tied-in) to the tailstock/butterfly plate and any hazards.
- Minimum or basic understanding of pick and place robots (4 axis robots) and EOAT functions and connections.
- Strong understanding of Lockout/tagout and how it related to their job functions.
- Minimum understanding of resin flow and purging resins from barrels.
- General knowledge of replacing/repairing broken or warn waterlines with proper fittings.
- General knowledge of removing and replacing barrel nozzle tips.
- General knowledge of 5s and pre-staging of molds.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and housekeeping skills.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.