See all jobs in Troy MI
Job Location: Troy, MI
- Develop novel connected vehicle platform solutions to support evolving market and customer needs, such as: vehicle powertrain development, warranty cost reduction, fleet management, autonomous vehicle development and related services, and storage / retrieval / analysis of automotive big data.
- Combine market trends, customer needs and product vision into a detailed description of what to build and convey that vision to the rest of the development team.
- Work with software engineering teams to prioritize tasks, estimate timing and plan sprint content.
- Work with program management and project management to track the implementation of software features and ensure milestones are met.
- Develop structured test plans for verification of prototype software applications.
- Triage, root cause and resolve issues in cloud-based services, APIs and web-based engineering tools.
- Conduct engineering tests and coordinate software POCs to analyze the feasibility and applicability of proposed software solutions.
- Continue to stay current in training in the latest automotive systems technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / technical discipline and MBA
- 10+ years of experience in Automotive / OEM / Tier1 / Aerospace Industry.
- Proven work experience in Product Management and Managing Profit & Loss for a related product.
- Automotive Domain knowledge, experience in Vehicle Diagnostics and After-Sales is a big PLUS.
- Experience of working in Agile Development Environment.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop Product and Marketing Strategies and effectively
- Experience producing requirements documentation, use cases, user stories and other artifacts for cloud-based services and applications.
- Experience with cloud services, API design, data storage and analysis, and web application / user experience design.
- Experience with the automotive industry, connected vehicles, vehicle diagnostics and automotive communication networks (CAN, LIN, BroadR, etc.) are assets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet commitments and deliver to timelines.
- Strong desire to learn new things, and ability to perform independent product and market research.
- Good understanding of new technology trends like Cloud, Data Analytics, AI techniques and its applications in the automobile industry for example, Prognostics, Guided Diagnostics etc.
- Understanding of vehicle ECU architecture is a BIG plus.
- Understanding of Diagnostic Standards like ODX (ISO 22901), OTX(ISO
- 13209), MCD-3 D Server, D-PDU API, RP1210, J2534 is a BIG plus.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.