See all jobs in Madison Heights MI
Job Location: Madison Heights, MI
Position Title: Intellectual Property Attorney Corporate IP
Under limited direction, acts as an internal consultant regarding patent and other intellectual property related activities. Reviews, drafts and coordinates intellectual property documentation and related agreements. Mentors other internal personnel and may oversee and provide guidance to lower General level colleagues.
The legal team looking for an individual who enjoy contributing to an innovative, forward-thinking team, are effective problem solvers and continuously look for ways to improve processes to help us lead the world’s sustainable energy future.
Must Have and or Nice to Have Minimum Requirements with experience and related degrees.
Please note the difference between a MUST and or NICE. Call me anytime
- Must Have: Law Degree
- Must have experience with highly technical products for filing patents and related protection processes.
- Must have experience in automotive sector
- Must Have: Previous experience as patent practitioner within a company or outside patent law firm
- Must Have: Experience in communication systems
- Nice to Have: Background and experience in Electrical Engineering and Software
- Nice to have: Electronics experience
- A very helpful nice to have: an engineering related degree
- Experience with patents and automotive sectors
- Functions as an internal consultant and liaison between outside agencies/counsels and internal customers regarding intellectual property and patent matters.
- Collaborates with management to develop departmental and individual goals, objectives and measures for area in light of overall department, division and organization strategy.
- Assists in the review and examination of intellectual property agreements entered into or pending with customers; may negotiate patent related matters with external stakeholders; addresses and resolves patent disputes and technology licensing issues.
- Maintains relationships and directly interacts with internal and external customers, and/or affiliates to address and resolve issues.
- Participates in patent search activities, problem resolution and negotiation with patent owners
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Patent drafting
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issue
- Advising executives within the company
- Working alongside other departments within the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Law Degree
- Background and experience in Electrical Engineering and Software
- Experience in communication systems
- Electronics experience
- Experience in automotive sector
- Previous experience as patent practitioner within a company or outside patent law firm
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.