See all jobs in Troy MI
Job Location: Troy, MI
Manager Strategy development In this role, you will help the company develop the strategy for key product line, portfolio composition, and competitive strategy, by being an advisor to-the President and the top leadership team. You will work alongside research scientists and project managers to realize product visions. In this role it's critical to have a sense of urgency, the ability to make things happen quickly and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and collaborative environment. You would be responsible for exploring new opportunities and to bring the best to the company. Responsibilities
- Identify growth opportunities, including investments and acquisitions
- Identify profit pool shifts and opportunities to capture new profit pools
- Assess the size, growth, and profitability of these profit pools
- Identify organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Rate opportunities on multiple dimensions (e.g., size, profitability, headroom for growth, fit with current business)
- Select the most attractive opportunities and acquisition targets
- Evaluate potential structures for investments and divestments - equity investments, joint ventures, alliances, licensing relationships
- Contribute to due diligence of potential partners
- Engage internal teams for their expertise
- Identify and lead exploratory discussions with partner prospects.
- Conduct research and analysis for potential acquisitions, equity investments, joint-ventures, alliances, licensing relationships or divestiture opportunities
- Develop and create strategy documents
- Negotiate strategic product partnerships agreements.
- Develop execution plans for Capturing growth opportunities:
- Assess Competencies needed (e.g., sales force, R&D, and engineering)
- Estimate Timeline and investments
- Understand the complex technical areas of the Research and Machine Intelligence, Vision and Electrification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a leading institution is required. MBA from a top graduate program highly preferred
- 6+ years of total work experience with at least 2 years in strategy consulting, investment banking, or strategy/business development role with a Fortune 500 high technology or diversified industrial company
- Experience in leading strategic projects and delivering results in cross-departmental teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and drive for results
- Solid understanding of and the ability to identify the key levers that create business value
- Self-starter with the ability to concurrently manage multiple time-sensitive projects/agreements in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Versatile, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.