Fitness Specialist - Jackson, MS area
The purpose of the Fitness Specialist is to provide professional individualized fitness service to members, clients and guests. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor to members, guests and team members.
Fitness assessments and orientations, write individualized exercise programs, personal training, small group training, group exercise leader, and safety leader.
- Bachelor's degree from as 4 year college or university in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education major required.
- A current NCCA accredited certification (i.e., ACSM CPT, ACSM HFS, NSCA CPT, NSCA CSCS, NASM CPT, ACE, etc.) is required.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
- Proficient computer and word processing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with high level of organizational skills and efficiency.
- Knowledge and general use of Microsoft Excel/spreadsheet software and other core business software.
- Highly desirable certifications in clinical exercise are the ACSM CES, ACSM RCEP, and NATA ATC.
- Prior work experience or an internship in the fitness industry preferred.
- ACLS training preferred.
Full Time position.
Career path to fitness management or operations management.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.