Healthcare System seeks to add an experienced Orthopedic Physician Assistant to join Core Team within our progressive Orthopedic/Neurosurgery PA team. This is a fantastic opportunity. Will train experienced Orthopedic PA in Neurosurgery.
The new PA will be part of a growing, fast paced PA team that will be hospital-based. The position will include some first assisting (orthopedic and neurosurgery cases), floor management, inpatient admits and discharges and consults, rounding on patients, ED consults and procedures. The new PA will work directly with a team of Orthopedic and Neurosurgery Surgeons! Cases include total joints (including shoulder, hips and knees), Sports Medicine, Hand and wrist surgery, Spine surgery, Brain Surgery, reduction and splinting of fractures and minor procedures (including aspiration of joints, incision and drainage of abscesses, evaluating for compartment syndrome, etc.) There is NO CALL! Responsibilities: • Surgical first assist in all Orthopedic and Neurosurgery cases• Inpatient evaluations and ED consults• Coordination with PT and OT for post-operative patients• Interpreting laboratory and diagnostic procedures to establish a working diagnosis• Preoperative History and Physicals• Reduction of fractures, aspiration of joints, casting and splinting• Rounding on post-operative inpatients and inpatient consults• Ordering and performing diagnostic procedures and studies, such as: • EMG • Electrocardiogram • Compartment pressure measurements • X-ray examinations • Special x-ray examinations, including CT, MRI, and bone scans • Performing procedures like regional anesthesia and digital blocks: • Ordering, prescribing, dispensing, and administering medication • Ordering, prescribing, dispensing, and administering orthosis, orthotics, braces, and other orthopedic devices • Evaluating, screening, and counseling patients on health maintenance • Promoting the utilization of community resources • Conducting post-operative rounds, writing orders, and performing admission and discharge work in the hospital setting
• Successful candidate must be NCCPA-certified
• This position requires direct Orthopedic experience (We will train on Neurosurgery)
• The PA must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work autonomously and be a self-starter.
• (Although there is no call, the PA will work some weekends and nights in addition to both 10 and 12 hour day shifts. This job is primarily a day job)
• Excellent compensation (highest total comp package in region)
• Full benefits including both medical, and an opt-out medical bonus of 6K, long term and short term disability, 401K, life insurance, workman's company, malpractice insurance, dental, vision, etc.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.