Arnold Ventures, a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States, is searching for a Vice President of Communications to join their team in Houston, TX. Their mission is to improve lives by investing in evidence-based solutions that maximize opportunity and minimize injustice.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Communications department, including media relations, communications across digital and social platforms, and the production of reports, issue briefs, presentations, and other printed materials
- Manage relationships with external agencies, consultants, and other partners
- Work with the Executive Vice President of Communications, the Board of Directors, and the Executive Leadership Team to develop communications strategies that will advance Arnold Ventures’ work in each of its core areas of focus
- Provide regular updates to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors
- Organize and oversee documentation of Arnold Ventures’ communications-related activities
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ highly qualified communications professionals
- Coach, mentor and develop Communications team members, providing regular feedback and career development opportunities
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in successfully managing comprehensive strategic communications and media relations in order to advance an organization’s mission and objectives
- Proven ability to proactively build and maintain relationships with individuals at top-tier media outlets
- Track record of producing compelling digital content
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to collaborate with senior management and the Arnold Ventures Board of Directors
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Extensive writing and editing experience involving a variety of print and electronic communications platforms
- Ability to evaluate complex information and provide sound communications recommendations
- Ability to appreciate and analyze both the broad framework and specific details of a variety of ideas and projects
- Ability to critically evaluate proposals from communications agencies and consultants
- Minimum of seven to 10 years of experience as a professional writer, journalist, or in a related communications role
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, political science, public policy, or a related field
Chaloner has partnered with Arnold Ventures on their search for a Vice President of Communications. Interested candidates should apply by using the application form. Chaloner will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.