See all jobs in Greensboro NC
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Senior Procurement Manager
Our client is a major, multi-divisional consumer products company that develops and markets diverse product lines under well-known brand names through virtually all retail channels.
Summary: Provide leadership / management required to execute the company’s Procurement processes in assigned categories and/or Business Units that meet the Company’s dynamic business strategies and needs. These processes include governance of Company spend, 7-Step Sourcing process, contracts, AQSCIR model, Total Cost of Ownership tracking system, Preferred Vendor List program and general Procurement processes.
- Cultivate strategic supplier relationships, driving seamless integration and cutting-edge innovation.
- Lead the senior stakeholder interaction.
- Drive partnership with Category Team or Business Unit. (Design, Marketing, Merchandising, Planning, Finance, PD, Ops, etc)
- Ensure global procurement resource aligns around the Company’s business direction and strategies.
- Ensure information needed to meet supply base requirements are communicated to the leaders of the Category Teams or Business Units.
- Work on timeline/calendar processes and communication around these partners
- Provide oversight on specific projects as they occur within a season.
- Collaborate with internal “matrix” partners as well as external partners.
- Collaborate internally across functional areas to understand and incorporate business constraints where appropriate.
- Accumulate / distill / rationalize / distribute all information related to execution against expectations, internal and external.
- Practical adoption and use of the Category Management cross-functional process to deliver Procurement strategies for each Category or for the Business Unit or systems platforms.
- On an ongoing basis, evaluate risk, threats and opportunities in the global materials marketplace; recommend and facilitate changes as needs and opportunities arise.
- Challenge existing ways of working in pursuit of opportunities for cost reduction, value improvement and application of lean processes.
- Adoption, adaptation and use of relevant e-procurement tools & systems.
- Delivery of goods and services against the Procurement business model of AQSCIR in a measurable fashion.
- Analysis, management and projection of purchase price variance to standard cost for assigned direct materials.
- Direct the activities of the direct/indirect reports to assure that the Procurement business needs are met.
- Ensure suppliers meet all of the Company’s CSR requirements.
This position offers a competitive six figure salary, bonus, excellent benefits and a growth-oriented organization.
- B.S. in Engineering or Business Management. MBA preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of relevant management experience.
- Understands the process of Production Management.
- Understands Material Planning.
- ISM certification is desirable.
- Working knowledge of assigned spend area and related supply markets is desirable.
- Familiarity and experience with use of formal Category Management approach to Procurement is desirable.
- Familiarity and experience with use of e-procurement tools and systems is desirable.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.