See all jobs in Auburn Hills MI
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Classification: TOOL FOLLOWER/PROCESS ENGINEER-Automotive Interior-Plastic Injection Molding-750-3000 Ton Presses
General: Responsible for process design, development and troubleshooting to optimize output and quality,Manage design/construction of new tooling, tooling changes/improvements to existing tooling or modifications necessary for takeover of tooling to support program timing commitments, optimize cycle times and minimize downtime and defect rates.
Core Competencies: Technical/Professional Automotive Interior Plastic Component Knowledge, Necessary Skills To Troubleshoot Process Problems, Responsible For Initiating Action To Solve Problems and Improve The Process, Innovative Thinker, SCIENTIFIC MOLDING, CERTIFICATIONS A PLUS AND DOE.
** Ensure all tooling (new, existing, take-over) conforms to the design and build specifications.
** Work in cooperation with Production Team Members at all levels to troubleshoot production issues and identify/implement necessary tooling modifications to resolve them.
** Work in cooperation with Tooling Engineers and Production to identify/implement tooling improvements to reduce defect rates, optimize process windows and optimize cycle times.
** Establish tooling preventative maintenance requirements and frequency.
** Utilize production data, bench marking and lessons learned to optimize company tooling performance and Tooling Design and Build specifications.
** Participate in Engineering Change and APQP Teams as required.
** Support new product and tooling development with feasibility assessment and recommendations
** Support production as needed to address tooling issues
** Conform to all safety rules and submit opportunities for continuous improvement.
** Responsible for request deemed necessary by management.
1. Physical ability to work in plant environment.
2. Normal amount of sitting & standing for minimum 8 hours.
3. Average mobility to move around office and shop environment.
4. Ability to travel, approximately 50% most in US some to Mexico
1. Minimum 2 years technical degree and 5 years applicable experience or equivalent on the job training and experience
2. Good verbal and written communication skills.
3. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project) and Lotus Notes
4. Self-managed, ability to work with limited supervision
5. Excellent communication and organization skills.
6. Understanding of APQP systems and requirements.
1. Vis/View / Computer Aided Design (CAD)
2. Change Control System (CCS)
3. Design of Experiment (DOE)
4. Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
5. Customer Specific Database
6. TS 16949 Awareness
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.