We are excited to work with a global company that is one of the world’s leading machining manufacturer and is growing rapidly in the Lakeshore area. If you are looking for a small company feel that offers a family oriented environment with a spotlight on training, growth, and promotion opportunities while still providing a competitive compensation package than this could be your company. They are looking to add exceptional players to their team. As an Engineering Technician you will be tasked with assisting in process development, troubleshooting and equipment testing and selection. This is an exciting opportunity to take your skills to the next level. Join a team that believes that the most important aspect of your employment is your satisfaction and attitude on the job and your willingness to be a team player.
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Salary: up to $25/hour
Shift: 1st and 2nd shift
- Designs fixtures, gauges and tools in order to improve the manufacturing process.
- Create, check and improve Tool BOM’s, Control Plans, Set-up Instructions and Machine CNC programs.
- Conduct controlled experiments to determine the best tools, fixtures and CNC programs.
- Participate in the APQP process for new and existing work. Completes work in an accurate and timely manner to support project or program on time completion.
- Train appropriate process stakeholders in new or improved process requirements. Ensure trainee capability.
- Complete all assigned engineering tasks accurately and timely, including but not limited to: develop, validate and install new equipment and tools; PFMEA, Process Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams; part or fixture design and layout, CAD/CAM drawings and inspection operations.
- Travel to customer, vendor or other company locations.
- 2-Year degree in an engineering-related discipline.
- 3-10 years of prior experience in the essential duties listed above.
- Working knowledge of machining, machine programming, tooling, measurement methods and equipment, machine controls, common engineering and continual improvement practices.
- Verbal and written communication skills to customer contact standards.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.